The practical will be a timed exercise in creating a sticker using GIMP and InkScape. If you completed the GIMP and InkScape Sticker Design homework, you should do well on the Practical.
First take a look at the Exam 1 Review and, of course, Exam 1.
Here are some additional items to study for the ordinary exam.
- The RGB color model
- Compute the number of pixels in a bitmap image given its linear dimensions in pixels or bytes
- Explain how images are digitized
- Give the frequency range of visible light
- List the two elements of the human eye that respond to light waves
- Describe the significant differences lossless and lossy visual encoding
- Give the encodings of white, black, red, green, blue, yellow, cyan, and magenta in the RGB color model
- Describe the color wheel
- Define additive and subtractive color
- Define raster and vector graphics
Web page design
- Describe the significant HTML tags
- Describe the use of CSS
- Describe how HTML and CSS work together
- Describe the different ways of encoding CSS for web pages