The final exam will be given from 11:30 AM until 2:00 PM on 7 May. The final exam will be very similar to the early exam and middle exam but a bit longer.
The final exam will cover fundamentals of Java programming language syntax, Java method invocation, and data structures. You should be familar with the following
- Java fundamentals from 181 & 182
- Arithmetic expression evaluaion
- class implementation with mutator and accessor methods and appropriate constructors and
privatevariables as in Homework 1
- recursion as in Homework 3
- Java exception handling as in Homework 4
- identification of Java tokens and expressions as in Homeworks 2 and 7
- method return and array creation and manipulation as in Homework 8
- Simple file I/O in Java as in Homework 10
- inheritance, interfaces, and abstract classes as in Homework 11
- use of
Comparatorinterfaces as in Homework 13
- pen-and-pencil representation of push and pop on a stack as in Homework 9
- illustrate different sorting techniques as in the April 4 & 11 classes and Homework 12
- syntax of loops, conditionals, and functions in Python as in
the Python labs
- If you can write both an interative and recursive implementation of factorial in Python, you will be fine.
If you received a lot of aid from others in completing the homework, it is extremely important that you master these homeworks on your own.