Overcoming Technical DifficultiesTuesda Roberts
Problem: Audio-visual equipment fails to work at time of presentation
Context: Any time audio-visual technology is needed during a presentation
Forces: * Presenter needs to communicate the information they have gathered
* The visual aids that will enhance the presentation are not available or fails to
work at time of the
* The audience needs visual aids to better comprehend the information.
Solution: Presenter should:
* Request two types of audio-visual support
* Save information on two different disks
* Save information in two formats (Mac and PC)
* Have slides or transparencies as a backup
Consequences: The drawback to these solutions is that they may incur additional costs
and will require more time for preparation. Also, these alternative
means of presentation may not suit the needs of the presenter as well as
the original audio-visual equipment.
Rationale: These efforts will provide alternative ways to present the information, and
will help the presenter to proceed with their presentation despite unforeseen
Known uses: At the time of a presentation, I could not use the needed audio-visual
equipment because the file had been saved in Mac format but the
equipment used PC format. As a result, my presentation suffered.