Any circumstance involving designing a presentation which is
limited to a certain period of time, but must communicate a great deal of
It can be very difficult to organize material into an effective
presentation when the amount of relevant information cannot be effectively
communicated in the amount of time allotted.
- There is a large amount of material to present.
- The speaker must present the material in a limited period of time.
- The presenter wants to communicate the material effectively.
- It is difficult to discern what information can be excluded without
damaging the overall impact of the presentation.
- Too much information overwhelms the audience.
The presenter must make some choices. Foremost, the presenter
must decide to do one of two things: to examine one piece of research
thoroughly or to give a general overview of the entire project. This means
that the presenter must be willing either to exclude a great deal of the
project from the presentation or to present the information in only a
Any presentation with a time limit, including speeches,
research presentations, sermons.