And it comes down to the serializability of transactions.
The benchmarks of the Transaction Processing Performance Council are often used or ignored in marketing.
- Starts with the belief that SQL is complex for developers and cannot be implemented to take advantange of networked systems
- NoSQL — the end of “one size file all” RDBMS?
- Procedural vs Declarative
- Lazy evalution
- ETL — extract, transform, load
- See NoSQL Databases for 149 pages of information
Hadoop & Pig Latin
- Wikipedia on MongoDB
- mongo Shell
- MongoDB meets Java, PHP and Python
- Python API for MongoDB
- Some nice lecture notes from NYU
- MongoDB: the company