Getting ready for the cloud
This worked for me once...
- Apply for your class account
- Read email with account information?
- We’ll be setting up a LAMP on a Compute Engine
- What you must do
- Create a project
- Check the firewall — it restricts access to ports
netstat -an | more
- Visit your web site — It’s bitnami
- ssh to your site
sudo mkdir YOURID
sudo chown YOURID YOURID
- See if you can view this new site
- Assign a static external IP number and email it to me
One more thing with Arduinos
Engineering is going to let us borrow their Boebots! So we need to learn something about controlling motors Check out Exploring Arduino: Tools and Techniques for Engineering Wizardry by Jeremy Blum. Jeremy Blum also has a pretty good YouTube channel, if you prefer to listen.