Getting ready for the cloud
This worked for me once...
- Apply for your class account
- Read email with account information?
- We’ll be setting up a LAMP on a Compute Engine
- What you must do
- Create a project
- Check the firewall — it restricts access to ports
netstat -an | more
- Visit your web site — It’s bitnami
- ssh to your site
sudo mkdir YOURID
sudo chown YOURID YOURID
- See if you can view this new site
- Assign a static external IP number and email it to me
One more thing with Arduinos
Engineering is going to let us borrow their Boebots! So we need to learn something about controlling motors
- Photo resistors — pitch follower under Digital
- Adafruit Lesson 10. Making Sounds
OK. I know you want to play a song. Load up the PlayMelody tutorial and listen. However, there are a lot of new Arduino (ok, really C) features in there so we’ll have to look at them.
Some good electronics tutorials
Both SparkFun and Adafruit have good tutorials on basic electronics.
Here is long list of useful tutorials from SparkFun.
- Voltage, Current, Resistance, and Ohm’s Law
- Light-Emitting Diodes (LEDs)
- How to Use a Breadboard
- Analog vs Digital
- How to Read a Schematic
- Photocell Hookup Guide
Here are some longer electronic tutorials.
If you like tutorials with talking oscilloscopes, Circuit Playground is the place for you.