Using the computers
- Try to login. Your ID is the same as your UNCA email address,
but your initial password is different. [Hopefully this will be
- Do the following (under direction)
- Start a browser session and go to this page.
There is no Internet Explorer here!
- Open a terminal session. It’s old style right now.
- Change your password with passwd.
- More command line fun: It’s a lot like the
Windows commands prompt and also identical to the
Mac Terminal app.
- Create a directory called public_html using mkdir
- Connect to public_html using cd
- Use nano to create
a file called index.txt
- Write something exciting (it will be public!) and save
- Use the web browser to view it. The URL should be something like
- Go the W3Schools page for a simple HTML document
and use nano to create
a file index.html
- View it!
- You can read the first few chapters of the very long The Linux command line: a complete introduction if you want too much information.
- Type the command id and make sure
your are in the
- Use X Windows!
- Create a directory on your desktop.
- Create a subdirectory of your public_html
- Start gedit and lock
it to your launcher.
- Use either gedit or
Brackets to edit your home page.
Using the Arduino
Why use the Arduino?
How to use the Arduino?